- Project Name: Park Avenue Apartments and Center for Changing Lives
- Client: Lutheran Social Service of MN
- Landon Group Role: Project management; secure financing
- Address: 2414 Park Avenue South, Minneapolis
- Project Cost: $25 million
- Financing: 9% Low Income Housing Tax Credit Equity; State General Obligation Bonds; Deferred financing from Minnesota Housing, City of Minneapolis, Hennepin County and Metropolitan Council; Lutheran Social Services Capital Campaign
- Project Size: 48 affordable rental units with 13 units designated for long-term homeless households & 50,000 square feet Center for Changing Lives
- Contractor: Weis Builders
- Architect: BKV Group
Landon Group is very proud of the integral role it played in the planning, financing and completion of Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota’s Park Avenue Apartments and the adjacent Center for Changing Lives.
Lutheran Social Service has had a long history of serving long-term homeless households as well as other low-income households. Park Avenue Apartments will use 13 of its units to serve those suffering from long-term homelessness, while the remaining affordable units will serve working families with low incomes. Services will be provided to all these households through The Center for Changing Lives, physically connected to the housing development.
The Center for Changing Lives is a central human/social service center offering mental health counseling, wellness, housing, financial, adoption, refugee, and employment programs. Its close proximity provides easy access for families in need of its services, while also giving them enough space to have a sense of independence.